The Luo community still dry the fish because it stays longer in the open air market where it is sold. You can get this Obambo Recipe fish at "Gikomba Market", which is one of the largest open air markets in Nairobi.
WHAT YOU NEED to make Kenya Obambo Recipe
* Two obambo
* Two onions washed and chopped
* Four tomatoes washed and chopped
* One bunch of dhania(Coriander)
* One tablespoon of curry powder
* One cup of fresh milk
* 'Iwo tablespoons of oil
* Salt to taste
HOW TO PREPARE KENYA OBAMBO RECIPE
1. Clean and wash obambo thoroughly in warm water.
2. Boil obambo for one hour and put aside.
3. In another pan, put oil and fry onions until light brown.
4. Add tomatoes; curry powder and salt, cover and let it cook until tender.
5. Pour in milk then add the dhania.
6. Put obambo, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Add in lemon juice and cook for two minutes.
8. Remove and serve hot.
Serving Tips of Kenya Obambo Recipe
Goes well with Ugali. Since it does not have much flesh add vegetables like kunde or managu
Other Related PagesGitheri Recipe | Irio recipe | Sukuma Wiki Vegetable | Omena Fish Stew Recipe | Yam Stew | Kenyan Chicken Stew with Ugali Recipe | Kenyan Bean Stew Recipe | Kenyan Kachumbari Recipe | Kenya Corn Recipe | Chapati Recipe | Kenyan Tamarind Chutney Dish | Kenyan-Style Collard Greens with Lemon Dish | Ngege fish Recipe / Tilapia fish | Chicken Tikka Recipe | Kenya Biriani Recipe | Fish in Masala Recipe | Mutura and Mahu Recipe | Keema Minced meat recipe | Mombasa Oysters with Garlic Sauce Recipe | Pilau Rice with Beef Stew Recipe | Mtuzi wa Samaki Recipe | Chicken and Nectarine Salad Recipe | Grape Tomato Salad Grape Tomato Salad Recipe | Curried Cabbage Dish | Biskuti ya nazi recipe | Coupe Mount Kenya recipe | Kenyan Plantains in Coconut Milk recipe | Mahamri recipe | Meat Samosa Recipe | Kuku na Nazi Recipe | Vegetable Samosa | Dengu Recipe | Kenya Kunde Recipe | Kenyan Kachumbari Recipe |