Have you ever tasted Kenya Ngege Recipe? Here is a page if you want to learn how to prepare Fresh fish dishes in Kenya.
Ingredients and Directions to Make a Fresh fish recipe in Kenyan Style
1. Place a fresh Ngege on a cutting board (at a 45 degree angle) . Take a large kitchen knife and scrape off the scales. Cut the fish's belly and remove all the contents. Rinse thoroughly in warm water.
2. Season the fish with a pinch of plain salt (no Sugar or any other variety spice just yet)
3. Heat a quart of oil in a flat pan till the temperature reaches 350 degrees F.
4. Place the fish in the pan and heat in oil till it turns a golden brown.
5. Cut onions, garlic and a teaspoon of oil into a hot sufuria (pan)
6. After the onions turn brown, open a can of tomato paste (Hunt's) and empty it into the sufuria.
7. Add three glasses of water to the broth. Add a little Cajun's seasoning, paprika and coconut milk.
8. Place each fish gently on the Sufuria and cover. Bring to a boil and remove after 30 minutes.
9. The fish is best served with Ugali (no salt please...-), Sukuma wiki, cabbages or any other vegetable.