Kenya Kienyeji chicken Recipe is naturally reared traditional chicken. Its meat is normally tough and cannot therefore be cooked in a few minutes like the capons or ex-layers.
Kienyeji chicken a preferred by many because it tastes a lot better than genetically modified chicken. I personally prefer it too.
What You Need To Make Kenya Kienyeji Chicken Recipe
* One whole chicken
* Two large tomatoes
* One large onion
* Cooking oil
* Freshly pounded garlic
* One bunch of dhania(coriander)
* One medium-sized green capsicum(pili pili hoho)
How to prepare Kenya Kienyeji Chicken Recipe
1. Slaughter the chicken and remove the intestines.
2. Roast it slightly to get rid of the tiny invisible feathers. Afterwards, cut it into medium sized pieces.
3. Boil the chicken for 45 minutes to one hour to make it tender. Kienyeji chicken is tough and requires more time to get soft.
4. Strain the broth but keep it aside. Do not throw it away.
5. Shallow fry the chopped onions.
6. Add the pounded garlic and salt and stir.
7. Add sliced tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes. Stir to make a paste. 8. Add the chicken as well as the chopped capsicum and dhania and stir.
9. Simmer for another 10 minutes then add a small amount of the chicken broth you put aside and mix well.
10. Add any spices of your choice and simmer for about five minutes. Serve while still hot.
This delicacy goes well wityh rice or ugali. Vegetables on the side recommended. Steamed cabbage or sukuma wiki(kales). Irio chapatti or pilau are also good.