Searching for Tanzania Bagamoyo Town Attractions? What are your favorite Bagamoyo Attractions? Do you have where to go for a tour in this area of Bagamoyo City?
On this page, I‘m happy to show you all the best places in Bagamoyo.
This area in Tanzania has some world famous natural attractions . They include Mining, Tourism, Agriculture, Fishing and Forestry which are the most lucrative economic sectors. You can take your pick from various options available which can suit yourself.
Tanzania is also considered to be the friendliest nation in the world because of its warm locales.
Top Attractions in Bayamoyo Town Tanzania
Holy Ghost Catholic Mission Museum
About 2km north of town and reached via a long mango-shaded avenue is the Holy Ghost Catholic Mission, with its excellent museum – one of Bagamoyo’s highlights and an essential stop. In the same compound is the chapel where Livingstone’s body was laid before being taken to Zanzibar Town en route to Westminster Abbey.
Bagamoyo Living Art & Handicraft Design Centre
The Bagamoyo Living Art & Handicraft Design Centre, just off the main Dar es Salaam road near the entrance to town and the post office, was established with Dutch funding about a decade ago to empower women by training them in business and handicraft design and production, giving them a means to earn their livelihood.
College of Arts
About 500m south of Bagamoyo along the road to Dar es Salaam is the College of Arts, a renowned theatre and arts college, home of the national dance company and one of the best measure’s of Tanzania’s artistic pulse. When school is in session there are occasional traditional dancing and drumming performances, and it’s possible to arrange drumming or dancing lessons.
Just south of Bagamoyo time slides several centuries further into the past at the Kaole ruins. At its centre are the remains of a 13th-century mosque, which is one of the oldest in mainland Tanzania and also one of the oldest in East Africa. It was built in the days when the Sultan of Kilwa held sway over coastal trade, and long before Bagamoyo had assumed any significance.
With its cobwebbed portals, crumbling German-era colonial buildings and small alleyways where the sounds of children playing echo together with the footsteps of history, Mji Mkongwe (Stone Town) as it's known locally, is well worth a leisurely stroll
Other Top Places in Tanzania
• The Serengeti, Northern Tanzania The Serengeti National Park offers the absolute classic African safari setting.
• Mount Kilimanjaro, Northern Tanzania Africa is known as one of the best destinations for adventure travel, and what can be more adventurous than hiking up the world's tallest free-standing mountain?
• Zanzibar, East CoastZanzibar is one of Tanzania's top destinations because of its fascinating past and its incredible beaches.
• Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Northern Tanzania The Ngorongoro Conservation area borders the Serengeti in northern Tanzania and includes the world's largest crater which acts as a natural enclosure for almost every species of wildlife found in East Africa.
• b>The Selous, Southern Tanzania The Selous is Africa's largest reserve, a world heritage site, and not as crowded as the Serengeti.
• Mahale Mountains, Western Tanzania Mahale was the research base for a team of Japanese anthropologists for several decades.
• Tarangire National Park, Northen Tanzania Tarangire is a popular day trip for those following a standard northern safari itinerary, but its baobab dotted landscape and numerous dry river beds are worth much more time.
• Katavi, Western Tanzania Katavi has all the credentials of being a top wildlife destination in Africa. It is teeming with animals, beautiful and unspoiled.
• Ruaha National Park, Southern Tanzania Ruaha is remote, large, and full of wildlife -- especially elephants. There are also lions, cheetah, leopard, lots of kudu and almost every other African mammal you'd like to see.
• Mafia Island, East Coast (Indian Ocean With less than 1000 visitors per year, Mafia Island is an undiscovered Tanzanian gem. It has a rich history, and a strong Swahili culture unspoilt by tourism.
Is your favorite attraction in Bagamoyo listed at this page? Do you want to add a page at this site? Don’t fear I will not charge you for advertising on this page. Do you have a picture of photo? We can add it as well for free. "Post Your Comment Here!"