Kakamega county is Kenya's second most populous county after Nairobi. The county has 9 constituencies in total namely Butere, Mumias, Matungu, Khwisero, Shinyalu, Lurambi, ikolomani, Lugari and malava.
Are you searching for Kenya Kakamega Attractions?
Do you know of any tourist attraction in Kakamega City?
On this site therefore, I will take you to all the best places you shouldn't miss while on your visit to this area.
Many of Kenya's main tourist attractions can be found in the great outdoors, such as its enticing beaches, although the real stars of the show are most likely to be animals.
Indeed, Kenya is one of the best places in Africa to see wildlife in abundance.
While you may want to see all the tourist attractions in this area, stand warned that the following attractions shouldn’t be missed.
KENYA TOP TOURIST ATTRACTIONS
• The Masai Mara If you want to see the 'big five' in one morning, Masai Mara in western Kenya is the place to be.
• Lamu Lamu is one of Kenya's oldest towns, settled by the Swahili about 700 years ago.
• Lake Nakuru National Park Lake Nakuru is famous for its huge flocks of flamingos that enjoy the alkaline waters of this shallow soda lake.
• Mount Kenya Mount Kenya is Africa's second highest peak.
• Amboseli National Park Amboseli is a popular park with breathtaking views of Mount Kilimanjaro (in Tanzania).
• Lake Turkana The lunar landscape around Lake Turkana, a northern Rift Valley lake in Kenya, is a true spectacle.).
• Tsavo National ParkTsavo National Park is split into Tsavo East and Tsavo West. The Tsavo parks are vast and the landscape is wild.
• Malindi and Lamu Malindi is a small town, but the beaches that surround it make it one of Kenya's top attractions.
• Samburu, Shaba and Buffalo Springs National Reserves Samburu, Shaba and Buffalo Springs are 3 Reserves bordering one another in the dry landscape of North Central Kenya.
Do you know of any tourist attractions in Kakamega area?
What is your favorite place in Kakamega area?
Though I try my best to visit all the best places in Kakamega I’m sure that you as a native of this area, you must be having other places that are not mentioned on this page.
If you know of any place that is not mentioned on this page, write about it, I will be happy to add it on my site.
If you have any picture of this place, I will also add it here for free.