You may be worried of places to find Meru Town Attractions. Many visitors and natives in general are searching for information about tourist attractions in this area. On this page therefore, allow me to show you all the best places you shouldn’t miss while on your vacation in this area.
Tourism & Hospitality
Meru City is a jumping-off place for Samburu and Buffalo Springs National Reserves and Lewa Downs, all some distance north of Meru, with Samburu and Buffalo Springs via Isiolo, and Meru National Park, to the northeast of Meru, via Maua in the Nyambene Hills.
The Meru National Museum is housed in Meru’s first District Commissioner’s Office, that E. B. Horne built.
It is at Rutundu log cabins 20 Kilometre west of Meru City that Prince William proposed to the Duchess of Cambridge.
The Meru side of Mt. Kenya National Park has tourist attractions of worth which include Vivvien Falls, Semwe Salt lick, Ithanguni, Lake Alice, Lake Ellis and Sacred Lake.
Meru has fairly good hotels and restaurants. They include:
• Meru County Hotel
• Blue Towers Hotel
• White Star Hotel
• Hotel Three Steers
• Meru Safari Hotel
• Royal Prince Restaurant
• Simba wells
• Brown Rock Hotel
• La Vienna Restaurant
Many of Kenya's main tourist attractions can be found in the great outdoors, such as its enticing beaches, although the real stars of the show are most likely to be animals. Indeed, Kenya is one of the best places in Africa to see wildlife in abundance.
While you may want to see all the tourist attractions in this area, stand warned that the following attractions shouldn’t be missed.
KENYA TOP TOURIST ATTRACTIONS
• The Masai Mara If you want to see the 'big five' in one morning, Masai Mara in western Kenya is the place to be.
• Lamu Lamu is one of Kenya's oldest towns, settled by the Swahili about 700 years ago.
• Lake Nakuru National Park Lake Nakuru is famous for its huge flocks of flamingos that enjoy the alkaline waters of this shallow soda lake.
• Mount Kenya Mount Kenya is Africa's second highest peak.
• Amboseli National Park Amboseli is a popular park with breathtaking views of Mount Kilimanjaro (in Tanzania).
• Lake Turkana The lunar landscape around Lake Turkana, a northern Rift Valley lake in Kenya, is a true spectacle.).
• Tsavo National ParkTsavo National Park is split into Tsavo East and Tsavo West. The Tsavo parks are vast and the landscape is wild.
• Malindi and Lamu Malindi is a small town, but the beaches that surround it make it one of Kenya's top attractions.
• Samburu, Shaba and Buffalo Springs National Reserves Samburu, Shaba and Buffalo Springs are 3 Reserves bordering one another in the dry landscape of North Central Kenya
Do you know of any place of attraction in Meru that is not mentioned on this page? Our visitors will be happy to read about your comments on tourist attractions in Kenya.
If you know of any place that should be included on this page, feel free to add it here on this page.
Do you have picture and photos in this area, I will also add them here for free.