Tanzania Business Dress Cord differs from the Western world business dress cord. Let us give you the tips to dress for business while in Tanzania like a Tanzania Citizen.
• Dress is highly valued in and people who dress well are respected.
• For Men- A suit is common for formal business situations. In rural areas, pants and a nice collared shirt are usually acceptable.
• For Women - A suit is common for formal business situations. If the business is done in a rural area it is more appropriate to wear a long skirt (below the knees).
• Jeans, shorts, and very revealing clothing are generally not appropriate in business situations.
Business titles and business cards
• The most common titles are as follows: adult women "mama/Mrs." (mother), older women "bibi" (grandmother), younger women "dada" (sister), adult men "baba" (father), "bwana" (Mr.), or "mzee" (old man).
• It is best to use the surname when calling someone by name and wait to be invited to call someone by their first name.
• There is no set protocol with the giving and receiving of business cards but it is always advisable to give and receive cards with the right hand.