Tanzania Business Dress Cord differs from the Western world business dress cord. Let us give you the tips to dress for business while in Tanzania like a Tanzania Citizen.
• Dress is highly valued in and people who dress well are respected.
• For Men- A suit is common for formal business situations. In rural areas, pants and a nice collared shirt are usually acceptable.
• For Women - A suit is common for formal business situations. If the business is done in a rural area it is more appropriate to wear a long skirt (below the knees).
• Jeans, shorts, and very revealing clothing are generally not appropriate in business situations.
Business titles and business cards
• The most common titles are as follows: adult women "mama/Mrs." (mother), older women "bibi" (grandmother), younger women "dada" (sister), adult men "baba" (father), "bwana" (Mr.), or "mzee" (old man).
• It is best to use the surname when calling someone by name and wait to be invited to call someone by their first name.
• There is no set protocol with the giving and receiving of business cards but it is always advisable to give and receive cards with the right hand.
Sep 21, 14 03:38 PM
Sep 03, 14 12:32 AM
Sep 03, 14 12:24 AM
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.