Serengeti Sopa Lodge in Tanzania Serengeti National Park was all that we expected.
How nice it was to have someone greet you after a long day on safari with a hot towel and a glass of juice.
The accommodations were perfect. The food was great. The views were fantastic!! We will recommend it far and wide.
If you are paying so much money for these safaris, you only hope the accommodation comes through as well, and Sopa did.
The rooms were beautiful, with patios that open up to views of the Serengeti.
We had adjoining rooms with our friends that made it feel even more like home.
The beds were comfortable and even ha a refrigerator to keep our drinks cold.
Staff were amazing! (Like all Sopa lodges)
Great view of the Serengeti. Took our morning tea on the patio and eve caught a glimpse of a Hyena walking buy in the morning sun.
The food was great (No buffet for dinner = a huge plus).
Drinks were cold, the beds were warm, and the location was perfect. Lots of animals within 10 minute drive from the lodge.
Nice situated hotel, in the middle of wilderness. Whole hotel was well maintained with great services and views. Especially from the pool area, you can enjoy nice views over the Serengeti.
- Services were exceptional, starting with our "warm" welcome with hot towel and welcome drink, efficient check in, through the services of their own doctor we needed to use to attentive dinner staff. No complains, just pure satisfaction,
- Where glazed bedroom ends, the wilderness begins. During the night, we saw hyenas and other animals just few meters away from our balcony... We have never been such close to the wilderness as here (neither at the Ngoro Ngoro or Lake Manyara).
- Rooms are the same simple equipped as the Ngoro Ngoro Sopa lodge, but are quite spacious, clean, with huge and clean bathroom.
- Dinner was the same style as in the Ngoro Ngoro Sopa lodge. You ca choose from 4 meals, that are already cooked and quickly server. Service was great. Meals were average ones.
- Breakfast was buffet style, with great variety of meals. This was really great and we would have enjoyed it better if we did not rush for a game drive ;-)
- Swimming pool is big, with nice views over the Serengeti
- At the evening, there is a lots of amusement provided by the staff (like singers, dancers etc...)
- I used their gym which is simply equipped, but even some equpment is better than no one...
- So all in all Serengeti Sopa is much better than Ngoro Ngoro. Better services, better breakfast, no cheaters, gym availability (no gym at Ngoro), lots of amusement (no amusement at Ngoro)...
- One negative point is regadring the internet. We had some problems witch catching the wifi signal in the room (the same problem as in the Ngoro Ngoro Sopa lodge) so we were forced to move from our room to hotel lobby where we finally could catch the signal...
It would be great to stay at multiple lodges in different areas of the Serengeti, but for a 1 or 2 night stay, I couldn't have been happier. Amazing way to start our safari.
Serengeti Sopa Lodge is looking out over the seemingly endless Serengeti plains of Tanzania's Northern Circuit. This hillside lodge is a tranquil oasis set in over 14,000 sq kms (5,000 sq miles) of National Park.
Serengeti Sopa Safari Lodge is located in the Nyarboro Hills in the south-west of the Serengeti National Park, Tanzania. It is 315 km from Arusha, approximately 7.5 hours drive, and 50 minutes flight with 45 minutes drive from the nearest airstrip.
Serengeti Sopa Safari Lodge has 79 suites and 5 VIP suites, each enjoying wall-to-wall carpeting, a private lounge with mini bar, en-suite bathroom, hair dryer and a private verandah, direct-dial satellite telephone facilities, multi channel TV sets and wildlife video film options.