There are many Business opportunities in Rwanda ICT sector .
The government has invested in building the ICT infrastructure through: a 2,500km optic fiber that covers Kigali city and the entire Country side. •
ICT in Rwanda currently encompasses, in varying degrees:
• Wireline telephones
• Dial-up internet, ISDN based internet, broadband internet
• Computer software use and development,
• Computer hardware, assembly, and repair
• MTN Rwanda and Rwandatel are the dominant players , offering fixed telephones, mobile telephones, and internet services.
TiGO, the 3rd operator, is set to begin operation by end of ‘09• Between the two companies, there are approximately 2M mobile subscribers, representing 20% penetration.
• A sizeable private sector is growing around the networking and
software development sectors, with Rwandan companies exporting services to Burundi and Eastern DRC
• Rwanda is participating in a $24M World Bank project to connect its national backbone to submarine cable:
There are three optic Service Providers Seacom, Teams and Eassy, at the East Coast to link various African countries to the global network.