We have more than 10 reasons why to Invest in Rwanda among other Africa countries .
On this page we give you 5 pregnant reasons why to make a business in Rwanda , hope you will enjoy. Rwanda offers an attractive environment to operate in or to run a business from.
Top 5 reasons to invest in Rwanda
Strong macroeconomic growth
• 8.8% average year-on-year GDP growth since 2004
• GDP growth rate in 2008 of 11.2%, highest among East African countries
• Controlled inflation, increasing government tax revenues and stable exchange rate
Stable governance climate
• Politically stable with a visionary leader at the helm hailed by many as a "CEO President of Rwanda Inc. "
• Zero tolerance for corruption and extremely low levels of crime
• Elected officials, Parliamentary system and established court systems with separate Commercial courts
Investor friendly and open for business
• World’s top business reformer by the 2010 Doing Business report compiled by the World Bank
• Private investment a top priority for President Kagame
• No sectors barred to foreign investors and no restrictions on the percentage of equity they might hold
• Starting a business and registering property easy – fastest in the region and 11th in the World
• Attractive incentives and simple taxation
• Creation of Industrial park, technology park and free trade zone
• Development of capital markets beginning with the stock exchange
A gateway to East Africa and the continent
• Central location – borders Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi and DRC
• A hub for the rapidly integrating EAC which includes Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi – a market of 125M people with combined GDP of USD 70 billion. Share a Customs Union, and will form a Common Market in 2010
• Efforts to combine the East African Community, the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa, and the Southern Africa Development Community underway, putting 600 M people into a single market.
Abundance of opportunities
• Despite its remarkable progress, Rwanda remains largely virgin territory for investors. Across the board, there are many unexploited opportunities.
Information on sector specific can be be found.
Sep 21, 14 03:38 PM
Sep 03, 14 12:32 AM
Sep 03, 14 12:24 AM
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.