This is the list of Meru Town Hospitals. Before you visit a new place, you must know about medical and health facilities in that particular area. For that matter, I have decided to compile information about Meru Hospitals and other health centers. If you have never visited Meru, you may be worried of health centre but on this page, let me take this chance to guide you about all hospitals, clinic, drug shops and pharmacies in Meru area.
Kenya has one of theworst healthcare records in the world, but the development of local facilities and training of volunteers has brought some hope to Kenyans living in rural area.
Talk to locals in Kenya, about what worries them most in life and the answer will probably be their health and the health of their family.
Look at the statistics and it's easy to see why. Despite record investment over the past years, Kenya's healthcare performance is still ranked as one of the worst in the world.
AVAILABLE MEDICAL FACILITIES IN KENYA
• For a guide to physicians, dentists, hospitals, pharmacies and ambulance services in Kenya, go to the U.S.Embassy website.
• Adequate medical care is available in Nairobi, though facilities are limited elsewhere. Most doctors and hospitals will expect payment in cash, regardless of whether you have travel health insurance.
• Serious medical problems will require air evacuation to a country with state-of-the-art medical facilities.
MEDICAL INSURANCE :
You can’t assume your insurance will go with you when you travel to Kenya. It’s very important to find out BEFORE you leave whether or not your medical insurance will cover you overseas. You need to ask your insurance company two questions:
PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE
• Do not drink tap water unless it has been boiled, filtered, or chemically disinfected.
• Do not drink unbottled beverages or drinks with ice.
• Do not eat fruits or vegetables unless they have been peeled or cooked.
• Avoid cooked foods that are no longer piping hot
INSECT AND TICK PROTECTION
• Wear long sleeves, long pants, hats and shoes (rather than sandals).
• For rural and forested areas, boots are preferable, with pants tucked in, to prevent tick bites.
SWIMMING AND BATHING PRECAUTIONS
• Avoid swimming, wading, or rafting in bodies of fresh water, such as lakes, ponds, streams, or rivers.
KENYA HEALTH CARE GENERAL ADVICE
• Bring adequate supplies of all medications in their original containers, clearly labeled.
What is your favorite medical centre in Meru? Do you have a clinic in this area? Have you ever visited Meru hospitals?
I would like to get your comment about medical and health facilities in this area.
If you have anything you would like others to know about, write it here.
Do you have a picture of this area? Add it too. I promise to add your page on this site for free.