Mc-Ellys hotel is exactly what a budget traveller needs from one or two nights stay before or after a safari!
The hotel was cheap, clean, in the middle of everything, and I really enjoyed the breakfast - a good selection including my favorite - baked beans with toast and butter.
There was also a cooked yam dish that I really enjoyed. Coffee was instant, but good enough - I could make my own which means I could make it strong enough. Fresh fruit and meat options were also available.
I heard the call to prayer in the morning but I really enjoy that so that doesn't bother me.
Our room had a balcony facing the street and a bus station so it was fun watching the city wake up in the morning.
The decor is basic - certainly not for a honeymoon or special occasion, but not too run down either. Bathroom was adequate. Free bottled water.
- Reception promptly responded to my price and room availability request (I think it was the quickiest response ever, maybe in one hour) !!!
- Price was OK, I think it was aound 60 USD per room per night
- They did not want us to pay any money in advance !!!
- All in all this was one of the most comfortable reservations I ever made !!!
- Rooms are quite small, but very clean, equipped with A/C, LCD TV, with comfortable beds with mosquito nets. Room was quiet during the night, no noise at all was coming from outside the street, although the hotel is centrally located.
- Hotel itself looks new and well mantained
- Breakfast was fine, a buffet style
- I really appreciated that the hotel manager showed up, intruduced himself and was helpful. At hotels of this size, this in not usual, and we really appreciated his interest.
Sep 21, 14 03:38 PM
Sep 03, 14 12:32 AM
Sep 03, 14 12:24 AM
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.