I always get visitors to Mandera and other Kenyans searching for information about Mandera Town Hospitals, Clinic, Drug shops and Pharmacies. And for that matter, I have uploaded this page to guide you to the best places for medical care in Mandera City.
Kenya has one of theworst healthcare records in the world, but the development of local facilities and training of volunteers has brought some hope to Kenyans living in rural area.
Talk to locals in Kenya, about what worries them most in life and the answer will probably be their health and the health of their family.
Look at the statistics and it's easy to see why. Despite record investmentover the past years, Kenya's healthcare performance is still ranked as one of the worst in the world.
AVAILABLE MEDICAL FACILITIES IN KENYA
• For a guide to physicians, dentists, hospitals, pharmacies and ambulance services in Kenya, go to the U.S.Embassy website.
• Adequate medical care is available in Nairobi, though facilities are limited elsewhere. Most doctors and hospitals will expect payment in cash, regardless of whether you have travel health insurance.
• Serious medical problems will require air evacuation to a country with state-of-the-art medical facilities.
MEDICAL INSURANCE :
You can’t assume your insurance will go with you when you travel to Kenya. It’s very important to find out BEFORE you leave whether or not your medical insurance will cover you overseas. You need to ask your insurance company two questions:
PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE
• Do not drink tap water unless it has been boiled, filtered, or chemically disinfected.
• Do not drink unbottled beverages or drinks with ice.
• Do not eat fruits or vegetables unless they have been peeled or cooked.
• Avoid cooked foods that are no longer piping hot
INSECT AND TICK PROTECTION
• Wear long sleeves, long pants, hats and shoes (rather than sandals).
• For rural and forested areas, boots are preferable, with pants tucked in, to prevent tick bites.
SWIMMING AND BATHING PRECAUTIONS
• Avoid swimming, wading, or rafting in bodies of fresh water, such as lakes, ponds, streams, or rivers.
KENYA HEALTH CARE GENERAL ADVICE
• Bring adequate supplies of all medications in their original containers, clearly labeled.
Is your favorite drug shop listed on this page? Do you have a clinic in Mandera that should be included here?
What are your favorite hospitals in Mandera City? The main aim of this site is to help people like you.
If you have ever visited any medical facility in Mandera, I will be happy to add your page on this site for free.
Many first time visitors will be happy to read your comments on this site and so do I. If you have pictures of that clinic, I will be happy to add them too.