Are you anxious to learn more about Traditional and Cultural Communication of Tanzania people in Africa? This page will show you how to communicate with any Tanzanian person in an African style.
. • Indirect communication is considered much more polite than being direct and specific, especially when talking to superiors or your elders.
• You may find that people address problems differently. For example, instead of asking for help and then explaining specifically their reasons, they may tell you a 5 minute story about a problem they are having and only then begin to hint at the assistance you can give.
• If you do not want to/ are unable to help, you can simply answer vaguely with a polite but firm excuse and that should be sufficient.
• It is best in social and business interactions to not be too blunt about your problems/feelings/frustrations/ needs.
• Urban Tanzanians will be much more used to direct communication, but you should be cautious not to offend people by rushing to your point quickly without introducing the topic and “talking around it” for a few minutes.
• Humor plays a big role in communicating. Most Tanzanians enjoy a good joke
Sep 21, 14 03:38 PM
Sep 03, 14 12:32 AM
Sep 03, 14 12:24 AM
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.