We stayed at andbeyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge for three nights -
it was absolutely charming and soooo romantic.
To get the most romance out of our sojourn, we decided to ask for an in-room dinner on the second evening -
what a great experience! …
we even had to wait quite a while for the dessert to arrive because more than 70 buffalos where feeding on the lush grassland around our chalet and it was not easy for Saibul, our butler, to get to our room.
On the third night we were sharing the entire lodge with just one other very nice couple from Florida with whom we also shared our Ranger and the vehicle during the whole stay.
The lodge manager Albin was the perfect host. And Saibul, our charming butler, took excellent care of us.
We went down into the crater early in the mornings – had a wonderful breakfast at a very nice spot observing hippos, zebras and elephants, the lot …. Once we even found out that we had been observed from close-by by a lioness on the lookout for breakfast!
For lunch we went back up to the lodge where
we stayed for the afternoon and hugely enjoyed our chalet with it’s phenomenal
view across the crater and the perfect service provided by the lovely staff.
Our highlights of the Ngorongoro Crater Lodge:
- Top class Service from Albin the manager, from Noël the driver and Israel his assistant, and
especially from wonderful Saibul)
- The view, the lush green up on the rim of the crater, the quality of the air and the agreeable
- Buffalos, zebras, elephants, and other animals around the lodge at night
- The visit of a big bull elephant in the afternoon just in front of our balcony
- The open fire places in the lodge and the chalet (it was quite nice having them in October)
Do not forget to bring some war clothes since elevation is 2,286 meters (7500 feet).
We’d love to stay at the Ngorongoro Crater Lodge anytime again and then, we’d also love to do one of the guided hikes