Ol Pajeta Bush Camp is a great camp and we would happily go back, it is run by a husband a wife team who own the lodge and have been running camps in and around East Africa for the last 10 + years and their experience shows.
Wonderful small tented camp on the river.
Peaceful and quiet (except for the night time bush noises!).
Alex and Diana have done a fantastic job and make you feel most welcome.
Food is great too and all the staff really friendly and helpful. It was a perfect way to switch off from the hassles of Nairobi, and recharge the batteries.
Situated on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River, this small bush camp offers guests the opportunity to enjoy interactive conservation safaris.
The 350 sq. km. Ol Pejeta Conservancy
is only 2-3 hours from Nairobi on good roads all the way.
Alex and Diana Hunter have built an old-fashioned traditional Kenya safari tented camp, which is both functional and affordable. The food is beyond excellent.
• day and night game drives
• guided bush walks
• meet Ol Pejeta researchers and learn about wildlife data and monitoring
• monitor elephant, rhino and other wildlife with resident rangers and researchers
• use radio-tracking equipment, e.g. to find the resident cheetah Toki (featured in the BBC documentary Toki’s Tale)
• track lion with the Ol Pejeta predator-monitoring ranger
• track rhino (by special request only, max 2 guests per patrol)
• visit Baraka (a blind black rhino), observing him at close range at the rhino/wildlife treatment centre
• take part in training walks with the Ol Pejeta tracker bloodhounds
• learn about the special techniques of conservation agriculture practiced on the ranch
• learn about Boran and Ankole cattle pastoral care, and pioneering integration techniques with wildlife
• watch wildlife from a hide overlooking a waterhole, or even spend an exciting night there (with dinner, drinks, bedding, and night-vision monoculars).
• visit a local primary school or medical clinic supported by the Ol Pejeta Conservancy.
Sep 21, 14 03:38 PM
Sep 03, 14 12:32 AM
Sep 03, 14 12:24 AM
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.