Do you know where to find the best industries and factories in Kilifi area? On this page therefore, I’m happy to bring you the list of all Kilifi town industries and factories.
Like every coastal town, fishing is one of the historical economic activities. With time, the town has slowly been transforming from a fishing village to basic industrial and service.
The growth of the town was mainly fuelled by the cashew nut milling factory between 1976 and 1990.
The town almost became a ghost town when the factory was closed due to decline in nuts supply, mismanagement of the factory and increased global competition.
Other industrial activities include milk processing at Kilifi Plantations.
Since 2008 with the transformation of the Kilifi institute of Agriculture into a University(Pwani University).
There has been substantial expansion of the service sector as a result of this.
Banking activity has been growing with about 4 banks (KCB, Barclays, Postbank, Imperial and Equity) as well as microfinance institutions. Retail business and hotels have historically been significant economic activities.
3 to 4 star hotels you will find here are like Sea Horse Hotel, Mnarani Club, Kilifi Bay Hotel and Baobab Lodge. Others are privately owned beach villas.
• The main goods produced for sale are agricultural products such as corn, sweet potatoes, bananas, and citrus fruit.
• These are sold in small local markets, as well as in larger markets in the cities, alongside other commercial goods and handicrafts.
• Remember in Kenya bargaining is an expected, and at times lengthy, process in financial interactions.
• The main industries are the small-scale production of consumer goods, such as plastic, furniture, and textiles; food processing; oil refining; and cement.
• Tourism is also important to Kenya's economy; due mainly to game reserves and resorts along the coast, but the industry has been hurt by recent political instability.
• The primary goods found in this area are machinery and transportation equipment, petroleum products, iron, and steel.
Is your industry listed on this site? Do you know where to advertise you factory for free.
The main aim of creating this site was to help Kenya industries and visitors searching for factories in Coastal Kenya.
Therefore, if you have any comment about factories and industries in this area. Feel free to say your word.