Here are the details about Kabarak University Kenya, Courses offered at Kabarak University in Kenya, programmes and Schools at Kabarak University, Hostels and accommodation at Kabarak University and any other information you may need to know about this university in Kenya.
Kabarak University is a purpose-built Christian based university on a 600 acre farm located twenty kilometres from Nakuru, Kenya (the fourth largest city in Kenya) on the Nakuru-Eldama Ravine road in Kenya's Rift Valley.
Kabarak University is a Christian Institution approximately 20 kms North of Nakuru in a beautiful secure and spacious environment, with residential facilities for over 1,000 students. The university also operates a Town Campus in Nakuru, conveniently situated close to the commercial center of the town. The University first admitted students in September 2002.
The following courses are currently being offered in three Academic Schools.
• Bridging Courses(English, Biology and Mathematics)
• Certificate in Web Design and Administration
• Certificate in Networking and System Administration
• Certificate in Computer Programming
• Certificate in Disaster Management
• Certificate in Chaplaincy
• Diploma in Community Development, Project Planning & Management
• Diploma in Eco-Tourism & Hospital Management
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine
• Diploma in Computer Applications
• Diploma in Computer Science
• Diploma in Hotel & Catering Management
• Diploma in Business Administration
• Diploma in Information Technology
• Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication and Information Technology.
• Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resource Management
• Bachelor of Commerce in Finance
• Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting
• Bachelor of Science(Information Technology)
• Bachelor of Information Technology
• Bachelor of Science(Botany and Zoology)
• Bachelor of Science(Chemistry)
• Bachelor of Science(Physics)
• Bachelor of Business Management & Information Technology
• Bachelor of Science(Economic and Mathematics)
• Bachelor of Science(Economics)
• Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications
• Bachelor of Science in Environmental Technology
• Bachelor of Purchasing & Supply Management
• Bachelor of Science(Water & Environmental Engineering)
• Bachelor of Science(Mathematics)
• Bachelor of Laws
• Bachelor of Education(Science)
• Bachelor of Education(Arts)
• Bachelor of Theology(Theology)
• Bachelor of Science(Computer Science)
• Bachelor of Arts(Community Development)
• Bachelor of Economics
• Bachelor of Commerce
• Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology
• Doctorate in Theology
The university has the state-of-art library/lecture theatres/multi-media projection facilities, well equipped computer laboratories, advance biological and physical science laboratories,workshops,and modern buses for academic and recreational trips.
The Daniel Arap Moi Library
The ultra-modern library is well stocked with current textbooks in all disciplines .It has a user capacity of 1000 with numerous computers available for searching extensive collection of on-line journals,e-books and CD-ROM data bases. It also subscribes to latest periodicals and journals.
All the Labs are euiped with modern facilities to help students carry out thier practicles well.
Accommodation & Catering
The university has adequate accommodation.
Male and female students live in separate halls of residence equipped with excellent accommodation facilities which include Dstv,hot water and internet connectivity.
There are modern catering facilities where students are offered variety of quality of meals based on Eat As You Pay system.
The ICT Department
The ICT Department's primary objective is to deliver a service of excellence to the whole Kabarak University Community.
This includes assistance, internet/intranet access, computer maintenance, knowledge sharing, e-learning, email support, printing, telephony and much more.
1.Highly disciplined community guided by Christian morals
2.Quiet and serene campus environment ideal for studying
3.Supportive,friendly and fully-qualified staff
4.Excellent,modern and well-equiped science and Computer Labs
5.24 hrs high speed internet connectivity
6.New modern,electronic library with up-to-date books and internet connection for easy access to online journals and other materials.
7.Opportunity for students to work with industry while studying
9.Excellent recreational facilities and adequate,spacious hostel facilities including DSTV
10.We are Chartered University;Our students can access Higher Education Loans
The campus features an outdoor swimming pool, sports areas, tree-shaded lawns and residential facilities for over 1,000 students. The university also operates a Town Campus in Nakuru, conveniently situated close to the commercial center of the town.
History of Kabarak University in Kenya
The university was founded by the former President of the Republic of Kenya and the Chancellor of the University, his Excellency Daniel T. arap Moi, who wanted to set up a reputable Christian, Liberal Arts, Science and Technology University.
The current Vice-Chancellor of the University is Professor Dankit Nassiuma. The University opened its doors to the public in September 2002.
Accreditation of Kabarak University in Kenya
The University operated under a Letter of Interim Authority granted by the Kenya Government.
The Letter of Interim Authority was presented to the University by the Commission for Higher Education of Kenya, on 16 October 2001, therefore allowing the institution to award degrees.
On 16 May 2008 the university was awarded charter by H.E Mwai Kibaki.
Student activities at Kabarak University in Kenya
The University has approximately 3000 students drawn from all over Kenya and the east African region§. Students actively participate in co-curriculum activities and the institution hosts a number of social clubs. Examples are:
• Aiesec Kabarak
• Kabarak Crisis Intervention and counsellors Association (KACICA)
• Rotaract Club - Kabarak University
• Christian Union
• Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE)
• I Choose Life - ICL
• Foster National Cohesion (FONACON)
• Drama Club
• Kenya Model United Nations – KABARAK CHAPTER (KMUN)
• Kabarak University Journalism Association of Clarisson
• Kenya Red Cross Society KABARAK CHAPTER
In sports and games, Kabarak Students actively participate in rugby, football, Tennis, Hockey, Badminton, Basketball and Swimming.
Student organization of Kabarak University in Kenya
Student government which is known as Kabarak University Student Organization (KUSO) is the key organ representing student interests.