In summary, if you want a relaxing time by a pool with great food, Fairmont Zanzibar Hotel is for you, it is high class, amazingly welcoming and a great hotel. If you’d like to break your pool time with the beach, in the sea or need other activities, probably not for you.
On the upside!
• Great staff
• Very friendly, chatty and genuine
• Food is incredible, fresh, well presented and really a massive part of the experience.
• Private dinning option for $30 extra is worth a go, very special and a bargain
• Cool breeze most of the day
• Two clean pools with bars and loads of space
• Great plants throughout the resort, stunning to wander through
• Staff wherever you look to help
• Rooms are very clean and well presented
• No issue with flying insects
• The Dive centre has new staff whom are doing a great job of picking up following it would seem, Cathy’s departure (see previous reviews), worth taking a dive or snorkel trip, we saw dolphins and managed a few dives, they even have a compression chamber!
• Local tour guides / beach boys will offer you discount tours as soon as you walk along the beach, we used them and saved a bundle