Do you know why Carlile College Kenya is the most preferred college? Do know that there is always a chance to get the best education in Kenya if you search for it.
Are you looking for the best higher institution of learning in Kenya? Here are the details about Carlile College. One of the best colleges you shouldn’t miss if you want quality education that matches the current market trends.
On this page we bring you details about Courses and Programmes offered at this college in Kenya, Admission and Requirements to study at Carlile College,
Hostel and Accommodation facilities at this Carlile College in Kenya and all you must know before you visit this college
Carlile College is an education ministry of Church Army Africa (CAA), an Anglican Society of Mission witnessing to the good news of the Gospel through proclamation, practical care and education.
Carlile College was started by CAA with a group of eight students in 1958 undergoing basic training in evangelism. The College grew in its evangelism training and started offering diploma training in evangelism in 1995.
In 1997, the College's Higher Diploma in Theology was validated by the College of St. Mark's and St. John's of the University of Exeter, UK.
Thereafter, the College established a relationship with the University of South Africa (UNISA) who validated the College's programme and admitted students who scored a 'B' and above in their Higher Diploma in Theology studies.
Furthermore, the College's growth led to the introduction of two more schools: the Centre for Urban Mission in 2003 (offering a Diploma in Urban Mission) and the Centre for Continuing Education in 2005 (offering Diplomas in Secondary School Chaplaincy, and in Christian Ministries and Civic Responsibility), all of which are now validated by St. Paul's University, Limuru, Kenya.
To date the College has trained over 1,000 students in its Mission programmes.
Alongside this steady growth in evangelism training, the College took over the running of the Accounts class from the CAA Community Centre in the mid-1990s.
The Accounts class then became the School of Business Studies which has now grown to the School of Information Technology, Business and Social Studies with a student population of over 500.
Carlile College Admission requirements
Applicants to the schools of theology must satisfy the following requirements:
1. A minimum aggregate of grade C - at the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, or
2. Two subsidiary passes and above at the Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education, or
3. Division III and above at Kenya Certificate of Education
4. A Diploma or professional certificate in a relevant discipline from an institution recognized by the college, or
5. An academic qualification accepted by the college as equivalent to any of the above.
Applicants to the School of IT, Business and Social Studies must satisfy the following requirements:
ATC I and II
1. KCSE with an aggregate average of at least D+ (plus)
2. Any other KASNEB Technician Examination Certificate
3. Other certificates or diplomas approved by KASNEB
CICT and CPA
1. KCSE with an aggregate of at least C+ (plus), including minimum of C+ (plus) in both English and Mathematics
2. KASNEB Technician or Professional Examination Certificate
3. Degree from a recognized university
4. Other certificates or diplomas approved by KASNEB
1. Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE) Division Three (III) or equivalent
2. Successful completion of course work at recognized and approved center
3. Minimum attendance of 75%
4. Completion of 330 hours minimum industrial attachment
5. Completion of assigned project
1. As required on ABE website www.abeuk.com
2. GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics
3. Competence in English (LCCI Level 1 or 2, City & Guilds/Pitman, Minimum IELTS Overall Band Score of 5.0)
Confirmation by college of equivalent standard in Mathematics and English
1. As required in their respective websites:
• ABE website www.abeuk.com
• ICM website www.icm.ac.uk
• CIPS website www.cips.uk.com
• ACCA website www.accaglobal.com
• IATA website www.iata.org
• UFTAA website www.uftaa.org
Carlile College is passionate about training men and women for Christian mission.
The aim is to see the continent of Africa radically transformed through the power of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ through training the people who can fulfill this great commission.
Carlile College Contacts
Phone : +254 (020) 550490/1/2/3Fax +254 (020)
Postal Address: P.O. Box 72584 00200 Nairobi